Preliminary agenda for the September 9th meeting in DC.
- Transport assumptions:
- Investigating properties offered by XMMP-MUC (and cost of considering other protocols)
- Offering reliable transport (deciding if its part of this protocol or part of the transport layer and implications over transcript consistency)
- Transcript consistency:
- Choice between simple consistency for globally order messages or incremental for less reliable transport.
- Figuring out if mpOTR is only responsible for announcing inconsistency or it is also need to try to recover from inconsistency.
- Consistence view:
- mpOTR require that member of each session has the same view of the room before the session starts and all see the same text.
- The DoS attacks that can be applied to consistence room view scenario and its mitigation.
- The benefit of having a shared key or each individual manages their own key.
By the end of the meeting, final protocol specification should be decided, specifically:
- Simple consistency vs incremental consistency
- Requiring a consistent view of the room
- Shared key or independent key